At Life’s Choices, we love seeing new clients at both our Kutztown and Hamburg, Pennsylvania locations, be it for pregnancy tests, STD testing or educational classes. We know it can feel intimidating to walk through the doors for a first time. Can we set your mind at ease by letting you know what to expect?
A FRIENDLY FACE
All of our staff choose to work at Life’s Choices because we love and care about the people in our Berks County community (and beyond). So, expect to be greeted warmly and listened to sincerely. We’re not here to tell you what to do with your life or pressure you to do something drastic. Instead, we are ready to hear your story, provide sound and evidence-based information suited to your situation and offer possible options.
We offer a wide range of services. All clients are asked to fill out basic paperwork and present a photo ID (but no insurance or payment! Pleas see “What About Cost” below). Then, here’s what to expect based on appointment type.
- Pregnancy test: We’ll ask you back to a private room. Our pregnancy tests are self-administered and require a quick visit to our bathroom by the client. We then complete the test and review the results with you. If positive, we review resources and ways we can help (see prenatal pregnancy support below).
- Confirmation ultrasound: You will qualify for this service after a positive pregnancy test in our office. Our certified technician conducts the ultrasound to determine the age and viability of the pregnancy. Ultrasounds are offered Fridays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in Kutztown only.
- Prenatal pregnancy support: Clients pick from our range of classes, covering the growth of the baby in the womb, childbirth and breastfeeding instruction and preparing the home and heart for a newborn. Once 15 classes are completed, clients earn a new car seat as well as other baby items.
- STD testing: Through the Department of Health, we offer testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea. After reviewing risk factors, we walk the client through the self-administered test and send the sample to the lab. Results are available in our office a few days later; positive results are treated on-site.
- Relationship mentoring: We get it — relationships are challenging. Our staff are trained life coaches and can help individuals improve listening skills, practice anger management and learn how to better negotiate conflict.
WHAT ABOUT COST?
Lots of potential clients ask if we accept their insurance. The short answer is: no! But that’s because all our services are free of charge. As a non-profit entity, we can help clients due to the donations of individuals, churches and community organizations. We pass this assistance directly to our clients and no payment is needed — ever.
So, if you have considered coming to Life’s Choices, I hope this blog tackles any concerns you may have. Still have questions? Reach out by phone/text (Kutztown: 610.683.8000; Hamburg: 484.660.3526) or email (email@example.com). Better yet, be brave and just walk in our doors:
- Kutztown: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays
(Ultrasounds are Friday between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)
- Hamburg: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays
We’ll be ready to greet you with a smile!